I think a lot about eating. Who doesn't? The key is to think about it ahead of time so you have a game plan to stay lean. I'm moderate. Trying to be perfect doesn't work out, eventually there comes a day where I eat everything I have been craving if I have been depriving myself. It's not pretty.
The little things I do to stay slim.
- 2 Liters of water with lemon. It's difficult to overeat when you are very well hydrated.
- I only keep heathy, whole foods in my home. If it's in my house, I will eventually eat it.
- Healthy snacks are always in my purse so I don't get ravenous and make terrible food choices. We've all been there....
- Eat only whole foods. Example: Eat an apple instead of drinking apple juice.
- Have protein with every meal. Protein takes longer to digest than carbs and will keep you satisfied for longer after every meal.
- Eat plenty of fiber. Fiber helps to stabilize your blood sugar levels, and will keep you fell for a long time.
- Control your portions. Try using a smaller dinner plate, as many people tend to fill up the dinner plate.
- Don't drink your calories. Sweet, creamy coffee drinks, and alcohol add up fast!
- Eat frequently enough that you are never starving. Once you reach that point, it's difficult to stay in control of your eating habits.
- Eat carbs that are lower on the glycemic index, and won't spike your blood sugar as much.
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store for fresh, healthy foods
- Think of your nutrition as a lifestyle, not a diet.
- Don't have carbs after 7 when trying to get lean.
- Have your highest carb meal after your workout when your body is unlikely to store it.