Created by Hollywood trainer Valerie Waters, Valslides are small, rectangular shaped discs that glide smoothly on the carpet, allowing you to strength training moves. Use these to create a controlled range of motion that activates your muscles. The video below shows one of my most favorite Valslide exercises: Valslide Curls. Here's how you do them:
- Lie on your back with your legs out
- Press into your heels and pull them towards your butt
- Press your legs back out and repeat
I love these exercises to shape your glutes! You can do these at home with bodyweight, or with a weighted bar at the gym.
- Begin with your back elevated, in line with your knees
- Slowly dip your hips to the floor and then lift them back to the ceiling
- Make sure to contract your glutes hard at the top of the movement
If you have a Hip Thruster, use a band to increase resistance Try using single legs for an even bigger challenge.
Purchase the Hip Thruster here (for US) or here (for International.)
Another amazing exercise for your glutes. You can do these anywhere and use ankle weights (purchase here) to make them more challenging. Make sure to keep your hips square.